Thursday, September 2, 2010

Da Muthaload



So I just wrapped an awesome gig.
It was a catalog job for Stage Store's After Thanksgiving Sale.
Yeah I've never heard of them either...I think they're popular in like Texas or something. The clothes cater to mostly Southerners and Midwesterners.
It was an awesome gig. Let's start with the attached photo...he wasn't one of our models, but his face definitely captures my glee. YES. We shot Christmas sweaters---not only that but they were paired with elastic waist jeans! Oh happy, happy me. No one one set could understand why I loved that so much. They sort of concluded that its because I'm a hipster.
I am not a hipster. Death to hipsters.
I like campy things...geez. If only John Waters was on set. He'd understand. Le sigh...

Anyways, Day 1 consisted of the makeup artist chasing me around speaking in Italian and confusing the hell out of me, "Ah Chrrrrrrristina! asklfjsfa;sjteitojaiaj;igajwg y MEOW MEOW MEOW!" Yes, there certainly was a lot of meowing that day...I never quite figured out what any of it meant.

Today (Day 4) was hectic. I dressed an 18 month old who took a liking to me, particularly my boobs. I held her and she kept pulling down my shirt and bra and flashing the crew. When I tried to put her down, she freaked out and demanded I pick her back up. She eventually had to get re-cast.

I'm also double-dipping at the moment...as in I'm doing two jobs at the same time. I'm in the middle of designing some outfits for the MTV VMAS...not terribly stressful. I've worked with MTV and they've been really good to me. I dressed the VMAs last year, and they really liked me which is why I got invited to come back. I just have a little extra pressure because I'm having to re-design a Taco Bell logo and screen print it onto some shirts...dun-dun

I kinda wish I kept one of the sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment