Saturday, September 25, 2010

Highlights from The Brooks Brothers Shoot






Yesterday we went to Eastern Long Island to shoot the Brooks Brothers Kids Catalog.
It was an absolutely beautiful location, with lots of trees and lakes and....beagles!
Some highlights:

French Model: For the longest time I thought LOL meant "Lots of Love" instead of "Laugh Out Loud"and signed everything with it. I never understood why people kept calling me insensitive until I put LOL on a card I sent to a funeral.

Makeup Artist's Boyfriend: Its amazing. I'm looking at you right now and you look like you should have some sort of Asian accent. But then I hear you're from TN and I feel like you should have a southern American accent, but you don't. You just sound American. You're just some sort of an enigma! Amazing!

I tried to make a joke about the actual group, Enigma, but that failed miserably. Something about returning to innocence. Lots of crickets chirping there.

Honestly though, I'm quite disappointed in the upcoming line. The attached photo is what a typical Brooks Brothers Kids spread would look like. But its not going to look like that at all. They hired an outside "guest" designer for the season and it all looks and feels so cheap. One outfit consisted of yellow plaid shorts with a navy tshirt with the logo leaning towards the Quiksilver logo....ick. It basically looks like something from sales rack at Old Navy....in 1997. I have always loved the classic, crisp, clean look of Brooks Brothers, and I feel like trying to "hip it up" is so not merited. I'm not alone in this btw. I overheard the rest of the team badmouthing said designer for her horrible attitude and bastardization of the Brooks Brothers look. LOL!

1 comment: