Thursday, January 26, 2012

We Need To Talk About Kevin; Based on the novel: We Need To Talk About Kevin



What a disturbing story, shown in the most perfect way. There was one timing issue in the end but I don't want to give too much away...I realize I've done too much of that in my previous posts. I suppose I should work harder on that...nah. This is MY blog, so NYAH!!!
I feel like this film was a cross between The Good Son and Taxi Driver; a rather healthy marriage, don't you think? I don't know, something about psycho children just sort of points me in that direction.
Tilda Swinton gives a chilling performance as she portrays a mother whose son has gone on a killing spree. I saw a little tiny bit of Winona Ryder in her flashback scenes, but I definitely don't see that as a problem. Swinton was absolutely dead behind the eyes, something that is not easy to convince on camera.
Ezra Miller is Kevin and I fear seeing him in any other performance because I will only be able to picture him as this psycho. There are very fascinating moments with Kevin's wardrobe where it would often be duplicated from his childhood. It was such a simple thing but it caught my eye and creeped me out even more. Oh psychos....you're just so complicated and smart.


No comments:

Post a Comment