Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Schenanigans


I spent today prepping for the upcoming job.  Its going to be a doozy.  It will be filled with white supremests, murders, and club kids.  All actors, of course. 
I started the day traveling to NJ to cut one of our main actor's hair.  MOHAWK.
Next, I went to a tattoo parlor I used to frequent to get some unique stencils.  Stencils are what the artists use to transfer the image onto the body before using the needle.  It leaves a blue copy of the image on the skin. I had to go to a tattoo parlor because these pieces are going to be rather big.  This isn't something I can just buy at the local Party City.  One of those pieces happens to be a swastika.  The first artist turned me down.  She's Jewish.  I felt awful having to make such a request in the first place.  I'm happy to say that all of us collectively felt uncomfortable projecting a large swastika out in the open like that.  I now have 12 of them, along with some other large chest and naval pieces.  I WAS supposed to go to church tonight but I just felt really really uncomfortable walking around with a bunch of delicate swastikas.  
While I was at the tattoo parlor, the owner, Hellen studied me and said I was pretty but there was one thing wrong with me, "You're too smart.  And worse, you actually look too smart.  You don't have a boyfriend, do you?"  I shook my head 'no'.  "That's why.  You look so smart, the guys are afraid of you.  Try to look a little stupider."  I stuck out my overbite and drooled on myself.  "That's it!  Now the guys will be all over you!".
Thank you, Hellen but I'd rather stay single than act stupid to attract stupid.  
Super tired, now...gotta wake up at 4:30 to go back to NJ tomorrow.  We start with the swastikas tomorrow.  I wonder if this will mess with the actor psychologically at all.  Its one thing to have it on 'your' body as an actor but I wonder what will happen when he gets home and looks at himself in the mirror and sees that symbol on his chest...?  stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment